About My Mitzah Project

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Feeling Like Spring at CAS

This blog post is a little late because I got behind this week. I was at the Catskill Animal Sanctuary on Sunday 3/12.

It seems like now that we're in spring, everything is a bit more open. On Sunday the windows and doors of the different animal pens were open and the animals seemed more lively, happy, and talkative.

When I started the day at CAS, the first thing I did was I got three bales of hay and put them in the pot bellied pig pen and then spread the bales around. They really like to go inside the fresh hay and bury themselves. I saw one of them do it. And then I changed their water.

I cut vegetables and fruit for the animals and gave them each a cup of the mixture that I made.

I then went around in a truck and helped feed the animals - horses, pigs, and goats - different things like hay and the bowls of fruit that I cut up for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment