About My Mitzah Project

Monday, April 4, 2011

Water Troughs, Hay and Chickens

I worked at CAS on Saturday instead of Sunday. It was warm and there were more volunteers than usual, plus, because it is Spring now, the visiting hours have started. The first thing I did on Saturday was wash and clean out the horse's water trough. It was pretty sludgy. Then I filled it full of fresh water.

Then I loaded hay onto two trucks. Then we drove around on a Gator to try to find a pot bellied pig that we thought had gotten loose only to find out that the pig had been recently adopted.

I also helped get some loose chickens into their coop. That was fun but then there were two of them that I couldn't help with because they were a little vicious.

On Sunday, my class from Shir Chadash went to Ellis Island and the Museum of Jewish Heritage. It was really interesting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment