About My Mitzah Project

Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Getting Warmer at the Farm


Last weekend was my birthday so I didn't go to the Catskill Animal Sanctuary but today was much warmer than it has been. The first thing I did was scoop food out for the chickens.

Then another volunteer and I went out to a barn in a pick-up truck and we shoveled out old hay out of the barn and into the truck bed. Then we drove the old hay to this huge hay and manure pile and unloaded it.

After that I chopped up carrots, tomatoes, celery, grapes, string beans, apples and bananas for the pigs. I threw it all in a bucket and other volunteers and workers at CAS fed the pigs.

I swept out the excess hay from a different pick-up truck and put it into a wheelbarrow and took out the garbage in the kitchen.

I really like being out on the farm, the animals are really great. Here are some pictures from today.


























No comments:

Post a Comment